Child Behavior Problems
Parent Coach Plan
Learn to provide your children with firm, fair, consistent, and structured discipline. We offer lots of free parenting tools and advice along with our own exclusive parenting products. Try our behavior contracts or implement our easy-to-use discipline plan with your children.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Teenage Marriage


Teenage marriage is the marriage between teenagers or a marriage between two people where one of the partners is a teenager. Many young boys and girls get married during adolescence. Reasons for teenage marriage include pregnancy and traditional practices, including forced early marriage. Some girls opt for marriage out of a need to be loved and cared for or in order to get away from an unhappy home. Other young people get married due to romantic illusions about marriage and pressures from other people. Teenagers are not usually biological, emotionally and socially mature to take on the responsibilities of marriage. Teens Look at Marriage: Rainbows, Roles and Realities - A Look at the Real World of Teenage Couples Based on Nationwide Research

Young people contemplating marriage should consider the following questions:
·         Do I want to get married because someone else wants me to?
·         Do I want to get married because I need financial support and security?
·         Do I want to get married because I need someone to take care of me?
·         Do I want to get married because many people are getting married?
·         Do I want to get married so as not to lose my partner?
·         Do I want to get married because I need to get away from problems at home or parents?

In addition to emotional considerations, there are a host of practical issues for consideration and discussion before marriage. These include;
·         Where you will live
·         The number of children you desire having
·         Organization of your household
·         Relationships with friends and family
·         Professional aspirations
·         Cultural loyalties etc
Each of these presents challenges to the couple. There are times when the challenges become too great for some.
                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment